The executives of the Oil & Gas industry will be visiting New Orleans November 11-13, 2018 at the Ritz Carlton. On their issues & policies, key issue page for enhancing life, the first word of the context is “Safe”. It reads, “Safe, regulated American oil and natural gas production is leading the world in providing a better life experience for the entire global population.” The only way this can be accomplished is through fixing the disconnect between hype, PR, and action.
- First, they need to develop the medical protocol and advisory necessary for the next disaster and mobilize it immediately.
- They need to plan a mass evacuation like they do for hurricanes.
- They need to advise the workers properly of their risks and activate a pre-planned funding mechanism for medical monitoring a screening.
- They need to eliminate cleanup activities that make their products more toxic.
- They need this plan to interface with state governments just like hurricane preparedness and emergency response does.